At Kawartha Cardiology, our first priority is the highest possible quality of patient care. Every team member, whether Clerical Support, Health Services, Nursing or other direct patient care, as well as our Physicians contribute and strive to maintain this goal everyday. Respect, trust and collaboration are the values we champion, with our employees, patients, and community. We are dedicated to ensuring a safe and respectful environment for our staff to better serve our patients and our community. Contact us today for more information about available employment opportunities and where to send your resume.
Registered Nurse (RN) – Integrated Vascular Management Clinic
Posted – March 19th, 2021
Kawartha Cardiology Clinic is looking for an experienced RN to join our Integrated Vascular Management Clinic team. We are looking for an exceptional individual who shares our passion to deliver excellent patient-focused care.
This is a full time Monday to Friday position working in collaboration with our cardiologists to provide ongoing patient management, physical assessment and health teaching.
The ideal candidate will be a Registered Nurse with an in depth understanding of cardiovascular health and the issues that arise from vascular disease. The candidate must have demonstrated an ability to teach and support patients and to work as a cooperative team member.
The candidate must have a current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing and 5 to 10 years clinical nursing experience with an interest in cardiac care.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com .
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
CVT or RN for Cardiac Stress Testing
Posted – May 10th, 2021
Kawartha Cardiology Clinic (KCC) in Peterborough is looking for an exceptional champion of cardiac care to join our dynamic team. This is a full-time position for a Registered Cardiovascular Technologist or Registered Nurse with acute care and/or cardiology experience, to join the stress testing team.
- Monitor, analyze and interpret ECGs
- Assess, and treat patient symptoms (ex: chest pain, BP changes)
- Performance of exercise, pharmacological and nuclear stress testing
- Completion of preliminary reports for Cardiologist interpretation
- Experience with IV insertion and IV medication administration an asset
- Monitor supplies & replenish stock as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
- Report to the Stress Team Lead, Clinical Coordinator and Cardiologists as required
- Current registration with Canadian Society of Cardiovascular Technologists (CSCT) or Current registration with the College of Nurses (CNO) in good standing
- Basic Life Support (CPR); current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) an asset
- Excellent knowledge of ECG interpretation and arrhythmia interpretation
- Experience in stress testing an asset
- Knowledge of cardiac medications
- Recent cardiac experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of multidisciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Kawartha Cardiology is a busy, progressive facility that houses 6 Cardiologists, over 80 clinical and support staff to serve a large geographical population. Our facility offers an extensive range of services including specialized programs in vascular, stroke, diabetes and cardiac care. KCC offers competitive wages, a benefit program, and a pension program with matching employer contributions.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kawartha Cardiology is located in downtown Peterborough, Ontario and has several outreach locations in surrounding counties. Our community offers a unique quality of life with its mix of city life, cottage country relaxation, natural scenery, and unique points of interest. The cost of living and real estate throughout the Kawarthas is more affordable than other urban and suburban areas comparable in size throughout Ontario. When you work and live in the Peterborough area, you will spend less time in traffic and more time enjoying life.
Peterborough Economic Development describes our community as: “A thriving City, Peterborough has all of the shops, services, and amenities that anyone could possibly need. Rich in arts, culture, and heritage, the community is renowned for producing musicians and artists – and also for attracting world-renowned artists to our many venues and festivals. We offer an incredibly inviting restaurant scene – known for its culturally diverse use of area meats, dairy, and produce. With an abundance of nationally recognized retail chains in the suburbs of the City, our downtown offers a multitude of theatres, shops, restaurants, pubs, and bars to choose from. No matter the atmosphere, you can find it here, in Peterborough.”